Salò, or The 120 Days of Sodom
A film by Pier Paolo Pasolini
Banned, censored and reviled the world over since its release, Pasolini’s final and most controversial masterpiece is presented here fully uncut and uncensored in a brand new restoration.
- Includes both Italian-language and English-language versions.
- ‘Ostia - the Death of Paolini’ by Coil: the band’s 1986 track with new video accompaniment.
- Original Italian trailer.
- Open Your Eyes! (2008, 21 min): Pasolini and his actors on the set of Salò (DVD only).
- Walking with Pasolini (Roberto Purvis, 2008, 21 min): documentary featuring Neil Bartlett, David Forgacs, Noam Chomsky and Craig Lapper (DVD only).
- Whoever Says the Truth Shall Die (1981, 58 min) Philo Bregstein’s classic documentary on the life and death of Pier Paolo Pasolini (DVD only).
- Fade to Black (Nigel Algar, 2001, 24 min) Documentary with Mark Kermode exploring the ongoing relevance and power of Pasolini’s controversial masterpiece, with Bernardo Bertolucci and other leading directors (DVD only).
- Ostia (Julian Cole, 1991, 26 min) a short film about the last days of Pasolini, starring Derek Jarman, with optional director’s commentary (DVD only).
- 32-page booklet with introduction by Sam Rohdie, reviews, BBFC correspondence, stills, and on-set photographs.
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand