A Film by Arnold L. Miller
The sensational follow-up to London in the Raw sets out to reflect society’s decay through a sideshow spectacle of 1960s London depravity – and manages to outdo its predecessor. Here, we confront mods, rockers and beatniks at the Ace Cafe, cut some rug with obscure beat band The Zephyrs, witness a seedy Jack the Ripper re-enactment, smirk at flabby men in the sauna and goggle at sordid wife-swapping parties as we discover a pre-permissive Britain still trying to move on from the post-war depression of the 1950s.
- Remastered to high definition from the original negative.
- English and French language versions of feature and trailer.
- Original trailer (English and French language options).
- Carousella (John Irvin, 1965, 23 min): a dramatised documentary on the lives of a group of striptease artistes.
- Three Bernard Braden interviews: Stuart McCabe (strip club manager) interview (1968, 15 min); Shirley (stripper) interview (1968, 6 min); Al Burnett (nightclub owner) interview (1967, 17 min).
- Illustrated booklet with essays by Iain Sinclair, Vic Pratt (BFI Curator) and William Fowler (BFI Curator); original review and promotional material.
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand