GAZWRX: The Films of Jeff Keen
Jeff Keen began making films at the age of 37 when his art school film society needed things to show. And so began over forty years of unique, imaginative, irrepressible filmmaking. This release contains over 9 hours of films and videos by the visionary filmmaker from his 60s beatnik movies to his multi-layered videos of the 90s – a criminally overdue opportunity to explore the alternative cinematic world of one of Britain’s most important experimental filmmakers.
“Jeff Keen: the most important man in cinema. Period.” Jack Sargeant, Sleaze Nation.
Warning: these films contain flashing images which may be harmful to some viewers.
- New filmed interview with Jeff Keen.
- Art Flies Free (2000): experimental documentary by Ian Helliwell.
- Jeff Keen Films (1983): documentary with interview.
- 96-page booklet featuring paintings, drawings and collages by Jeff Keen, plus film notes and articles by Keen, Tony Rayns, Jack Sargeant, and Raymond Durgnat.
Colour and Black/white
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories