Election of a new Member Governor
Voting for the election of a new Member Governor closed at 12pm on Friday 31 August 2012. The number of votes cast is as follows:
- Francis Bennett – 188 votes cast
- Matthew Hawkins – 222 votes cast
- David Miller – 223 votes cast
- Karim Nathan – 419 votes cast
- Sheryn Omeri – 127 votes cast
- Roger Smith – 133 votes cast
- Keith Withall – 123 votes cast
- Cy Young – 749 votes cast
Total number of votes counted – 2,184
Turn out – 7.01%
Article 13 of rules for electing a BFI Member to the Board of Governors requires 10% of the electorate to participate in the election. In circumstances where this is not the case the Board of Governors will determine how to fill the vacancy.
At the meeting of the Board of Governors on 13 September 2012 it was decided that the candidate with most votes in the election, Cy Young (749 votes), should be appointed for a term of one year commencing on 30 September 2012. During the year, the Governors will decide on a date to hold a new election.
Iain Thomson, Board Secretary